Sunday 26 January 2014

New Skills Developed 26-01-2014

New Skills Developed 26/01/14

What a week it has been, it started of with carving two Tarot card boxes
These will be available at Magik-Earth in Shirley, Southampton this week.

I then had a further order which involved engraving a Pentagram on a glass star.  Having never tried this before, I had a practice first on a mirror I had kicking around.  Ummm, pretty good result so off I went with the real article.

The finishing result was..
Cool or what?  this was then to be used as a pendant for a windchime so I set about making them and the end result looks like this .
Whilst in the making stages of this item I was also making a new Faerie wall plaque.  I had a great design ready to go but had to adapt it to make it even more special.  It wasn't the easiest of carvings to do.  The detail required in the wings and the bridge were really small and intricate.

Having carved it and then using wood stains and black enamel paint the finished product came out really good, even if I do say so myself, althogh I will let you be the judge of it.


After initial Carving

After Applying stains and enamel                                    


Finished Product
Also I have been carving another altar bowl, a small one this time, and that was completed last week too.


After making all of the above, just to finish off the week, I started a new Faerie House incense cone burner.  as I only started that today I don't have any pictures yet but I will have by the time I post again.

Whilst I am spending my days carving, painting and wood staining items, my little pal Buster is doing what he does best..
 
SLEEP!......

Well, I am starting a new project next week, a coffee table/Altar with Pagan symbols on the top so I will have lots of things to post about.  I will post pictures of its progress and I hope to have it finished by the end of next week.

Better sign off now as, like my little pal, eyes are closing now so, thanks for reading and please do check in next week for more updates.

Regards

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment